Cost Reduction Opportunity
Loss of productivity stemming from access management issues may cost a company with 10,000 employees millions of dollars every year. Additional losses can further be associated with access compliance issues.
A typical scenario that occurs in many companies begins when employees enter the HR system. A manual process or paper chase then commences whereby manual provision of facilities, secure area access, desktop logons, server space, laptops, file systems, etc. are initiated. Eventually, employees get the resources they require to fulfill their roles.
As more life-event changes occur within HR, employees and non-employees never lose their electronic privileges (e.g., open user accounts, group memberships) and assets (e.g., mobile phones) when they should. In practice, an employee often gains more and more privileges throughout their corporate life relinquishing them only (but not necessarily all) once they have left the organization.
To demonstrate compliance, businesses need to show that access controls are in place and working in a compliant manner. Without a centralized process to manage access policies, most companies have to start from scratch for each audit. The compliance efforts require more staff, time, and resources, especially within IT departments; but at times still do not meet the changing compliance requirements.
HR departments use ERP HCM system to capture all important personnel lifecycle events including hires, transfer, promotions, changes in status, positions, and reporting structure. Usually this information exists before the change will occur and can be immediately used to schedule modifications of the corresponding access rights.
Existing systems for Identity Management (IdM) or Access Control provision the security access of employees to computer resources or other physical assets. HR can play a vital role in the enablement of effective Identity and Access Management (IAM) processes.
's Value Proposition
The purpose of the 's Access Rules & Compliance Management application is to provide an HCM solution to monitor and manage all personnel access points within an enterprise.
The application enables and integrates HR-run access rules management function into the IAM domain, without replacing or changing existing IdM or IAM systems. It introduces substantial improvements to security controls, achieves efficiency and budget savings, maintains data quality and, most importantly, assists in meeting industry and regulatory compliance requirements. To achieve this, the application
- integrates information related to all secure physical and computer resources (computer resources can be represented in any form of aggregation, most commonly as IdM roles)
- validates them against the rules defined by an employee's position, location, management role, current assignment or any other logical condition
- provides pro-active monitoring and notification regarding rule violations
- implements a violation cost model to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the access systems.
Using the Access Management Console (Access Points and Rules) the users - HR personnel - can efficiently perform all major access management tasks:
The application creates the basis for a partnership between HR and IT in making the company-wide IAM system more cost-efficient. By raising cost-awareness, our solution encourages less complacency and increases compliance.
- define access points for the system monitoring
- define, manage, and report access rules
- setup automatic monitoring and notification schemas for the missing and unauthorized access right events
- create and distribute various access rights reports (Access Notifications and Reporting)
- track the costs for the missing and unauthorized access right events.